International cooperation for capacity building
The Swedish Red Cross University participates in the international collaboration Sharing European Educational Experience in Public Health for Israel (SEEEPHI), a project for capacity building in higher education funded through ERASMUS +.
The aim is to transfer knowledge and best practices from European Union universities to countries and universities outside the EU. By sharing European educational experience and knowledge, the project aims to improve professionalism and strengthen the leadership aspects of public health in Israel to meet the needs of employers and the country.
Four EU universities and four Israeli universities
The project started in January 2021 and runs for three years where The Association of Schools of Public Health in the European Region (ASPHER) is the coordinating organization and a consortium of ASPHER member schools with four EU and four Israeli universities and the Israeli Organization for Public Health Physicians has been formed.
The project is a collaboration between the following higher education institutions:
- University College Cork, Ireland
- Jagiellonian University, Poland
- Maastricht University, The Netherlands
- Swedish Red Cross University, Sweden
- Ashkelon Academic College, Israel
- Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
- University of Haifa, Israel
- Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Israel
The project aims to develop public health in Israel by sharing European experience in education within harmonization, employability, leadership and outreach.
- Read more about the project on the SEEEPHI website
- The Association of Schools of Public Health in the European Region (ASPHER)